Friday, January 29, 2010

57 Books from the University Book Sale: Book 42

Title: Road to Folly (Popular Library 60-2158, 1st thus, [1967])
Author: Leslie Ford
Cover artist: uncredited

Yours for: $3


  • Least sexy threesome of all time
  • "Me and my pet hourglass and this photo of my mom gotta stay under this net on account of the tse-tses..."
  • "Good telling!" — "I say, old chap, good telling, pip pip etc."



  • Pardon my French, but Jennifer Reid sounds like a fucking idiot who deserves whatever she gets.

Page 123~

"She's better this morning, thanks, Boston. How are you?"
"Po'ly, miss, thank you. You lookin' mighty peaked yo'self, Miss Jenny."

Yeah, I don't want to read this.

~RP

[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]

10 comments:

JamiSings said...

Hey look! It's the skeleton of The Incredible Shrinking Man!

Nicole "Gidget" Kalstein said...

"WHAT THE HELL, MAN? I thought when you said you had a skeleton in your closet it meant you were gay!"

Frank said...

I love how all they could get by way of endorsement were the most tepid stuff like "neatly handled...deft." Why not just go ahead and say "Sure she's never very good, but E for effort!"?

Alix said...

"I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' babies, Miz Jenny!"

MacRaven said...

I could be wrong but, that looks like Teason artwork to me. He did alot of the Agatha Christie covers.

shushie said...

Whenever I get my book published I can only hope that The New York Times can praise it as "good telling."
And WTF is up with the Saturday Review's review -- totally phoned in that barely recommended recommend.

Ms Avery said...

That's not a very good skeleton drawing. Skeletons don't generally wear little armbands to keep their elbow joints together.

laura linger said...

Geekazoid, I gave you a blogging award.

http://atouchoftuesdayweld.blogspot.com/2010/01/finally-honor-that-tops-my-cherished.html

Marla said...

That upper reflection looks like a butt.

Oldster said...

Is it supposed to be a skeleton of a preemie? eeeewww. And you're right, Rex-- it looks more like tulle or mosquito netting than cobwebs... Plus, magnolia usually come on trees, rather than rising out of the top of hills....