Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Life on Mars" gets the pulp cover treatment

Check out this awesome tribute to detective Ray Carling (played by "Sopranos" vet Michael Imperioli) from TV's "Life on Mars":


X Offender: Ray Carling by *suburbanbeatnik on deviantART

The reason I feature it here is because it was directly inspired by the covers of one of my paperbacks - a cheesy 70s version of Gil Brewer's "The Squeeze" (Paperback 43):



I actually watch "Life on Mars," so I find this visual tribute to the show super cool.

RP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing takes away from a gritty cover blurb like a hyphen. "The night he gam" indeed!

suburbanbeatnik said...

OMG thank you so much for linking to me! I was going to send you the link, because I love your blog so much. I'm so glad you like my art, and that you watch LoM too! It's such an awesome show.